Your business has
a big legal ally.
Regardless of the size of your business, Clements Legal has the resources to fit your needs.
BUSINESS FORMATION ADVICE AND DOCUMENT DEVELOPMENT
Business formation is a crucial component to running your business. Getting your business set-up correctly from the beginning will allow for less headaches in the future. Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Forming a corporation, s-corporation, limited liability partnership (LLP), limited liability company (LLC), professional corporation (PC), or a sole proprietorship.
- Information and advice on limiting your company’s liability
- Drafting of organizational documents (articles of incorporation, articles of organization, by-laws, operating agreements, etc.)
- Information and advice on hiring employees and independent contractors
- Information and advice on keeping company minutes, documents, records, and other necessities
- Drafting and filing of required documents with governmental entities
We’re sure that it’s no surprise to you that capital is a primary driver of growth and creates or expands options. Whether you’re starting up, growing organically, through acquisitions, or are stunted by lack of capital, Clements Legal can help you develop an effective financing strategy, determine the best deal structure and help guide you towards securing the capital necessary to advance your business’s strategic and financial objectives.
We will work with you to evaluate your short-term and long-term objectives, identify an optimal capitalization and assist your team throughout the transaction process.
Our capital creation services include:
- Obtaining seed and venture capital and bank debt
- Handling private and public offerings of debt and equity securities
- Identifying relevant federal and state grants
- Research and development incentives
- Legislative opportunities and Small Business Administration initiatives
- Working with venture capital firms and other institutional investors
- Crowd funding platforms, and more
Clements Legal is committed to helping businesses take advantage of the many incentive programs offered by Federal, state and local government agencies here in Indiana. Business investments lead to creating jobs, thus promoting neighborhood commercial activity and strengthening the economy.
We’ll work to determine your business’s eligibility to obtain and maximize business incentives and grant programs—and we’ll guide you through the complexity of government programs. Our team works with a wide range of Federal, state and local tax and business incentive programs to deliver tangible benefits. Millions of dollars are awarded annually to companies in Indiana through economic development incentives. These opportunities can lead to significant tax savings, many resulting in substantial refunds or credits.
If your business is performing Research & Development, planning to relocate or expand, building new facilities, or hiring additional employees, Clements Legal is your advocate to get government incentives that can save you money.
You don’t have to do it alone. Starting and running a business can be daunting in the best of situations. At Clements Legal, we consider ourselves to be entrepreneur mentors who have built companies ourselves, and we’re vested in your success.
We’ll work with you to form and improve your business ideas, develop appropriate strategies, create an advisory board, guide you on how to recruit co-founders, improve your pitch, identify the legal steps to launch a product, prepare to raise capital, generate revenue, and maintain growth over time.
We’ll bring answers to questions like:
- What basic tools should every Founder have from the start?
- Do you have Founders that are skilled in different areas?
- Have you lined up a team poised for success?
- What does a new Founder need to know about the law to launch a successful startup?
- What are common legal mistakes?
- How do you handle intellectual property, including confidentiality, copyrights, trademarks and patents?
- How much does the law actually matter?
- What are the various ways to capitalize your company in the very beginning?
- What milestones should you look to achieve next?
- How do you set your six month and twelve month objectives in the very beginning?
- How should you think about selling the business or exiting the business?
Generally, corporate governance refers to the host of legal and non-legal principles and practices affecting control of publicly held business corporations. In a general view, corporate governance refers to the way in which your business is directed, administered, and controlled. Corporate governance also concerns the relationships among the various internal and external stakeholders involved as well as the governance processes designed to help a business achieve its goals.
Your business’s best practice and compliance structure is very important because corporate governance is most often viewed as both the structure and the relationships which determine corporate direction and performance. The board of directors is typically central to corporate governance. Its relationship to the other primary participants, typically shareholders and management, employees, customers, suppliers, and creditors is critical.
The corporate governance framework also depends on the legal, regulatory, institutional and ethical environment of the community.
At Clements Legal, our experience and familiarity with corporate governance issues allow us to give client-specific advice tailored for specific circumstances and business landscapes. We’ll advise you regarding governance regarding of duties of directors in change in control transactions; executive succession; financial reporting; and internal investigations, including those by special committees of boards of directors.
In advising on these matters, we incorporate our experience with mergers and acquisitions, tax, executive compensation and litigation aspects of corporate governance matters.
Commercial Transactions and Contracts
Owning and managing a business means there will be a variety of contact issues and challenges you may face. No worries. We will help you through identifying potential contactors, drafting the contracts, and preforming contract management. If you are sued based on contractual issues, we’ve got you there too.
- Identify potential contractor partnerships
- Contract Negotiation
- Contract Drafting and Review
- Contract Management Advice
- Contract Litigation
Help with intellectual property law
Intellectual Property (IP) is an area that many businesses forget to review as part of their over-all business make-up. It’s not unusual in any business to need protection of trade secrets, along with trademarking and copyrighting.
- Protection of Trade Secrets
- Advice about Intellectual Property Law
- Registration and protection of Copyrights, trade names, and trademarks.
Navigating your business in the vast (and many times complex) online world can be confusing- and detrimental to your goals without the proper legal advice.
- Privacy Policies and Legal Disclaimers
- Online Marketing
- Social Medial Law
Employment contracts and HR legal counsel
You may be ready to hire more staff to jumpstart or support your business. Good human resources is vital to the success to your business.
- Advice and drafting of employment agreements for employees and independent contractors
- Counsel on HR legal issues
- Employment Law litigation